BGB Bauvertragsrecht, VOB/B
Online seminar VOB/B kompakt – german construction contract law (part 2): Acceptance, defects, final invoice, and securities
Termin: 11.12.2021 / 09:00 - 10:30 and 11:00 - 12.30 h – Live online seminar
Preis: EUR 198,00 zzgl. MwSt.
Focus of this VOB/B online seminar
Success in construction projects is highly dependent on the quality of the work performed by construction supervisors and project managers. Mistakes are frequently made in the application of the VOB/B because recent case law is not being monitored or observed. This seminar aims to illuminate Germany’s most important regulations with respect to the topics outlined below.
You will gain valuable information on the new developments regarding permissible and impermissible contract clauses on acceptance, claims for defects, final invoices, and the provision of securities. This means you’ll be able to avoid delays in payment.
Price: € 248,00 (part 2)
Price: € 428,00 (part 1 and 2)
You’ll gain knowledge regarding the options for securing and enforcing contractual claims and obtain assistance in questions regarding construction practice.
Furthermore, you can submit questions in advance to be answered during the course of the seminar.
Developers, construction businesses, executives, project managers, construction supervisors, architects, engineers, and anyone who is involved in construction
VOB/B online seminar: Topics covered
- Legal foundations of acceptance under VOB/B and § 640 German Civil Code, § 377 German Commercial Code
– Advantages and disadvantages to the various forms of acceptance
– Refusal of acceptance
– Duty to give notice of defects, § 377 German Commercial Code
- Defect claims and defenses § 13 VOB/B and § 634 ff of the German Civil Code
– Defect as a term under 13 (1) VOB/B
– Defect claims before and after acceptance
– Expiration of defect claims under VOB/B and the German Civil Code
– Securing evidence for disputed defects
- Provisions regarding measurement and invoicing
– § 14 VOB/B and wage payment
– § 16 VOB/B
– Request for joint measurement
– Maturity of interim invoices and final invoices
– Prerequisites for and consequences of payment default
– „Final payment trap“ under § 16 (3) No. 2 and No. 5 VOB/B
- Securities for the client § 17 VOB/B
– Contract performance and warranty securities
– Substitution via bonds or a blocked account
- Security for the contractor’s wage claim
– Security under § 648 a German Civil Code (payment guarantee)
– Security under § 648 German Civil Code (mortgage registration)
- Tips for contract drafting and legally compliant correspondence